October 24 — 26, 2012
National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado
The 2012 Conference on Intelligent Data Understanding (CIDU 2012) is organized under the theme of "Bringing Data and Models Together" and will attract top researchers and practitioners in the field of data mining focusing on applications to Earth & Environmental Systems, Space Science, and Aerospace & Engineering Systems. The Organizing Committee is soliciting theme-oriented papers that advance one of these areas through the use of data mining, machine learning, or computational intelligence techniques. We invite papers that include a clear link between the domain and analysis methods, and papers that give perspectives on methods to bring data-driven and model-based methods together are particularly sought. We also invite submission of 2-page extended abstracts for posters reporting new and interesting results, ideas, or work-in-progress.
All papers and posters will be peer-reviewed based on technical merit, significance, originality, relevance, and clarity. Papers should be no more than 8 pages and describe original work not previously published in a refereed conference or journal. The CIDU 2012 proceedings will be indexed by IEEE Xplore and DBLP. Selected papers will be invited to be extended for consideration in the journal Statistical Analysis & Data Mining.
- Sep 18, 2012 - Information regarding student travel awards are now online.
- Sep 18, 2012 - An initial agenda for the conference is now posted.
- Sep 12, 2012 - Instructions for camera-ready submission and copyright information is posted under Author Instructions.
- Aug 29, 2012 - The deadline for submitting the camera-ready papers following IEEE specifications had been extended till further notice.
- Aug 16, 2012 - The poster submission deadline has been extended!
- Aug 14, 2012 - Registration for CIDU 2012 is now open!
- Aug 3, 2012 - The poster submission site is now open. Review author instructions for details
- Aug 3, 2012 - New decision notification date is Aug 6, 2012
- July 19, 2012 - Travel and lodging information is now available
- May 1, 2012 - The deadline for paper submission has been extended to June 4, 2102
CIDU gratefully acknowledges sponsorship from the National Center for Atmospheric Research, the University of Notre Dame, the NASA Aviation Safety Program's System-Wide Safety and Assurance Technologies Project, and the NASA Engineering and Safety Center. CIDU also acknowledges support from the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (IEEE CIS).
We would like to thank the American Meteorological Society, University of Minnesota, and Rockwell Collins for their support.